tisdag 17 december 2013

Lucka 17: Det första som skrevs

"Life changes fast.
Life changes in the instant.
You sit down to dinner and life as you know it ends.
The question of self-pity.

Those were the first words I wrote after it happened. The computer dating on the Microsoft Word file ("Notes on change.doc") reads "May 20, 2004, 11:11 p.m.," but that would have been a case my opening the file and reflexively pressing save when I closed it. I had made no changes to that file in May. I had made no changes to that file since I  wrote the words, in January 2004, a day or two or three after the fact."

Bok: The Year of Magical Thinking
Författare: Joan Didion (1934-)
Utgivningsår: 2005
Läs också: Blue Nights (2011)
Om författaren: Joan Didion är en legendarisk amerikansk journalist och författare. Hon är en av förgrundsgestalterna inom New Journalism. Hennes författarskap är främst inriktat på essäer och litterär journalism, men hon har också skrivit flera romaner och pjäser. På senare tid är hon kanske mest känd för sina memoarböcker om livet efter att det har ställts på ända.

Vanessa Redgrave i pjäsen The Year of Magical Thinking

Inga kommentarer: